SOME STRUCTURES & VOCABULARIES FOR DESCRIBING A JOURNEY YOU HAVE GONE
Travelling gives you many wonderful experiences that you have never realized before in your own country. You meet local people and get to understand different cultures. It’s so exciting. So if you want to talk about a journey you have gone. What will you do?
1.Questions you can ask:
- Where have you been?
- Are you planning on going anywhere for your next vacation?
- How long will you stay?
- What was your best trip?What was your worst trip?
- Do you prefer to travel alone or in a group? Why?
- Do you prefer to travel by train, bus, plane or ship?
- Do you prefer traveling by car or by plane?
- Have you ever been to a foreign country?
- How much luggage do you usually carry?
- If you were going on a camping trip for a week, what 10 things would you bring?
- What are some countries that you would never visit? Why would you not visit them?
- What countries would you like to visit? Why?
- What countries would you not like to visit? Why?
- What do you need before you can travel to another country?
- When did you go? Where did you go? Who did you go with?
- What means of transportation did you take? What did you prepare?
- How long does it take you to get there?
- How long did you stay there? Where did you stay?
- What activities did you do? How was people there?
- How was the weather there? How was the food?
- Is there any difference culture?
- What sourvenir did you buy? For whom?
- How did you feeling? Do you want to come back?
2.Ways to answer:
When someone asks you to describe a journey you have gone, you can answer follow this structure:
- I will be here for___ day(s)
- I am staying at ____/ I stayed at____
- It takes _ minute (s)/hour(s) to do something
- I went there by plane/taxi/bus/…
- By bicycle: bằng xe đạp
- By boat: bằng thuyền
- By bus: bằng xe buýt
- By car: bằng ô tô con
- By coach: bằng xe khách
- By ferry: bằng phà
- By motorcycle: bằng xe máy
- By plane: bằng máy bay
- By train: bằng tàu hỏa
- On foot: đi bộ
- Ticket office: phòng bán vé
- Travel agent: đại lý du lịch
- Brochure: sách quảng cáo
- Price: giá
- Fare: giá vé
- Ticket: vé
- Booking(n): đặt vé
- Reservation(n): đặt vé
- Check in/ check out of a hotel..: nhận/trả khách sạn
- Go on/be on holiday: đi nghỉ mát
- Prepare: chuẩn bị
- Go Sight seeing: đi ngắm cảnh
- Go Sight seeing: đi ngắm cảnh
- Passenger: hành khách
- Destinatio: điểm đến
- Itinerary: lộ trình
- Journey: hành trình/chuyến đi (trong thời gian dài, chuyến đi xa)
- Tour : chuyến đi du lịch ( thăm nhiều nơi 1 lúc)
- Trip: chuyến đi (trong thời gian ngắn)
- Travel: du lịch (ý chung chung)
- Travel insurance: bảo hiểm du lịch
- Holiday: kỳ nghỉ
- Sightseeing: ngắm cảnh
- Business trip: chuyến công tác
- To book: đặt vé
- To cancel a booking: hủy vé
- To arrive: đến nơi
- To leave: rời đi
- To depart: khởi hành
- To visit: thăm
- Customs: hải quan
- Delay: hoãn
- Luggage hoặc baggage: hành lý
- Map: bản đồ
- Passport control : kiểm tra hộ chiếu
- Suitcase : va li
- Personal belongings: đồ dùng cá nhân
- Souvenir: Qùa lưu niệm
A TRIP YOU HAVE GONE
Hi everyone, I’m Trang. I think everyone has a journey or a trip at least once. It makes you feel very exciting and comfortable. Now, I’ll share to you about my trip.
Last year, my family and I had a trip went to beach in Nha Trang. This trip had 2 days and a night. Before this trip, we prepared a lot of things. Firstly, we needed personal belongings. They are clothes, make-up, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, swimming suit,… and some personal documents such as identified card ,… Besides, we also had many things for all such as camera, food and drink, guide book, map,.. We got there by plane, so we bought three round trip tickets. They were economy class. It took us about two hours to get there. Then, we got a taxi to the hotel we booked in advance.
We were experienced many things in Nha Trang. In the morning, we got up early and saw sunrise together. We went for a walk along the beach and took photos. Then we went swimming and sailing. After that, we came back to the hotel and had lunch. At noon, it became hot and sunny. Also, we were quite tired, so we stayed at the hotel and relaxed. In the afternoon, when it was cooler and windy, we went to the beach again and played some games which were organized there. We played parasailing and surfing. Moreover, there were driving services here. We could scuba driving. It made a strong impression on me. We could see beautiful scenes with corals and many kinds of fish. When sunset, we came back the hotel and had dinner. We ate many kinds of sea food. They were very delicious. In the evening, it was cool and had gentle breeze. We walked along the beach and enjoyed clean air.
During that trip, I met many people. They were friendly and hospitable,.They told me many things and stories about Nha Trang beach. It made me know more information about this place. Of course, we didn’t forget to buy many souvenirs for my relations and my friends, such as jewelry or some things made from shell,… .
I had a special time with my family there. Also, I could learn many things from this trip and know more about this place. It’s a beautiful place and the people there are very nice. I hope I can come here again.
Those are all about the trip I have gone. Thanks for reading!