SOME STRUCTURES & VOCABULARIES FOR DESCRIBING A MOVIE/FILM
Have you ever impressed by a movie/film? And you can learn a lot from i? So, how to describe a movie you like in English?
Here are some phrases/vocabularies for you to talk about this topic:
1.Questions you can ask:
- What is your favorite movie? /What movie do you like best?
- What is genre of movie? ( thể loại gì)
- Which is country of movie?
- Who is movie director?( đạo diễn là ai)
- Which channel do you watch this movie? / Where did you watch this movie?
- When did you watch it? With whom?
- When did the movie broadcast/ come out?( công chiếu khi nào?)
- How many times have you seen it?
- Why do you like the movie?
- Who are main characters?
- What is movie content?(nội dung phim?)
- How did you feeling?
- What lessons you can learn?
2.Ways to answer:
- My favorite movie/film is…
- The main characters are…..
- I’ve seen it over and over many time ( tôi đã xem đi xem lại nhiều lần rồi)
- Ex: Avatar is a 2009 American science fiction movie ( phim Avatar là bộ phim khoa học viễn tưởng của Mỹ sản xuất năm 2009)
- The best scene/My favorite scene is when…. ( cảnh phim hay nhất/ yêu thích của tôi là khi..)
- I love/like/enjoy the scene when …. ( tôi thích cảnh…)
- I thought it was great/amazing/boring/….
- It was the best movie I’ve seen in a long time…
* Genre of movie
- Love film: phim tình cảm
- Romantic film: phim lãng mạn
- Action film: phim hành động
- Horror film: phim kinh dị
- Science fiction film: phim khoa học viễn tưởng
- Documentary: phim tài liệu
- Historical film: phim lịch sử
- Detective film: phim trinh thám
- Cartoon: hoạt hình
- Musical: phim âm nhạc
- Classic: phim cổ điển đen trắng
- Adventure film: phim phiêu lưu mạo hiểm
- Comedy: phim hài
- Drama: phim truyền hình
- War film: phim chiến tranh
- Crime film: phim hình sự
- Swordplay: phim kiếm hiệp cổ trang
- Play: vở kịch
- Silent film: kịch câm
- Magic: kì diệu
- Interesting: thú vị
- Sad: buồn
- Violent: bạo lực
- Romantic: lãng mạn
- Attractive: lôi cuốn
- Scary = frightening: sợ hãi
- Silly: ngớ ngẩn
- Eventful = exciting: sôi động
- New: mới lạ
- Simple: đơn giản
- Unique: độc đáo
- Funny: vui vẻ
- Dramatic: kịch tính
- Meaningful: có ý nghĩa
- Delicate: nhẹ nhàng
- Emotional = heart-warming: cảm động
- Humorous: hài hước
- Amazing: kinh ngạc, tuyệt vời
- Thrilling: ly kỳ
- Boring: chán
- Unrealistic: không thực tế
- Creative: sáng tạo
- Movie: là phim điện ảnh trong American British English
không/ít sử dụng từ này.
- Film: trong British English có nghĩa là phim điện ảnh, phim nhựa Trong American English thì “film” chỉ có nghĩa là phim nhựa mà thôi.
- Genre = kind: loại
- Channel: kênh
- Director: đạo diễn
- Broadcast = come out: phát hành, công chiếu
- Character: nhân vật
- Content: nội dung
- Soundtrack: nhạc phim
- Trailer: đoạn giới thiệu phim
- Plot: cốt truyện
- Story: câu chuyện
- Novel: tiểu thuyết
- Adapt: chuyển thể
- Tobe adapted from: được chuyển thể từ
- Public role: vai quần chúng
- Script: kịch bản
- Play as: đóng vai
- Star: đóng vai chính
- Lead role: vai chính
- Side role: vai phụ
- Main actor/main actress:nam/nữ diễn viên chính
- Scene: cảnh phim
- Background: bối cảnh
- Film: phim (Anh – Anh)
- Movie: phim(Anh – Mỹ)
Hello, do you know that watching movies is an activity to relieve stress and help you learn some meaningful lessons? You can watch movie with friends and your family . It makes everyone come closer and happy together .
And now I’d like to share you about my favourite film. It is Titanic .It’s set in England and an emotional type of film . It is the best love story I have ever watched. I watched this movie many times but I never got tired watching it. Whenever I watch it, I always cry.The film premiered for the first time in 1997.This film is directed and written by James Cameron. The film is based on the famous Titanic shipwrecks in history in 1912. The film is about the love story of Rose Dewitt Bukater and Jack Dawson They are two people from two different strata in society .They fell in love with each other on the first ship of the ill-fated ship.I remember that I have seen this film with my father when I was 7 years old and I still watch it until now .. Jack was a free-spirited poor young man but he got a ticket for a luxurious ship, Titanic. Rose was from the American upper class and was engaged to a man. She was reluctant to marry him. She met Jack in Titanic and they fell deeply in love even there was a huge gap between them.Titanic was headed to America from England. But the ship crashed into an iceberg on the way.Many people dead include Jack. Rose was survived because Jack helped her to climb on a boat. Jack sacrificed himself for Rose. Yes , I cried when I saw this crene . It makes me heartwarming ,attractive about this story . Last but not least, the great theme song “My heart will go on” by Celine Dion marked the end of the story. Even Jack left Rose forever, her heart will keep going on.
Although It was only a classical sad love story, it encompassed a large range of emotions, laughter, rage, terror and the feeling of deep love. It showed the power of love could do everything. This is the best movie I have ever watched.I recommend that everyone should watch this movie at least once.
Thanks for reading!
Have a nice weekend – May your dream come true!
Writer: Minh Chau